Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reflection on Colloquium and Final paper.

   I will continue my life with this new perspective gained from this course so that I can help change the world for the better. I am leaving this class with a better understanding of environmental issues. I think considering the diversity of the class and the number of students that had to be reached with a single curriculum, this class was very successful. I believe the class was very thorough in making sure the ideals of living green was cemented in our minds far after the semester is over. This class has made me want to get out and make a change. I believe a major part of this curriculum was focused on personal growth through getting out and doing through experiential education. I was most influenced by the field trips and visual interpretations of the curriculum. Sustainable growth and development seems to be the most important part of environmental studies because without that we will all die. In fact, this is very literally true. Without the proper resources, humanity will eventually kill itself out. Our well being is directly tied to nature’s well being. We can live happily if nature is happy, but nature can’t necessarily live if we indulge ourselves too much. We must learn to be a little more conservative of our limited resources. We must educate ourselves and others by the masses or this discussion will be all but a faint blur in history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment